Software Development Manager
Fresh Technology is looking to add a creative, organized, and motivated Technical Development Manger to join our team. This is an active developer management position, giving you an opportunity to manage, architect, mentor, and code. If you enjoy working in a Start-Up environment, but do not want the stress of worrying about your next paycheck, Fresh Technology is the perfect place for someone like you. Fresh Technology is a well-established and successful technology company focusing on providing tools and software to better manage restaurant operations. We at Fresh Technology are currently re-imagining and innovating our core product line to support the expanding needs of our clients.
We are always looking for the best people, and as such, this is a 100% remote position. Work from home, your favorite coffee shop or from wherever you are most comfortable. Fresh Technology has employees in the following cities:
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Atlanta, Georgia
By no means are you required to live in or relocate to any of these locations but if you live in or nearby, we would love to see you for the occasional lunch gathering.
We are looking to add a manager to our Restaurant Management Systems (RMS) team which currently consists of 6 developer working on functional modules focusing on employee scheduling, management, inventory, recipes, and sales analytics.
Other great benefits of working for us:
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company sponsored retreat in December each year.
Responsibilities, Skills & Requirements
What you will be doing:
- Working with code around 75% of your time (Working your own tickets, assisting other developers overcome issues and roadblocks, working on architecture design)
- Interface with other team managers and leads to solve complex issues and ensure overall cohesion of the greater system
- Mentor developers on your team, assisting them in their professional growth
- Manage your teams schedule and be their primary/initial contact
- Provide estimates, feedback, and suggestions to senior leadership
We expect to see:
- 6+ years of experience in production environments where scale, stability, and performance matter.
- 4+ years of production experience in NodeJs.
- 4+ years of production experience in ReactJS.
- 5+ years of production experience with the following or similar: PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ.
- 2+ years in a lead or management position of a team of at least 4 other developers
- Solid programming skills and a track record of getting things done.
- An autonomous, self-driven, and positive attitude.
- A strong understanding of SemVer, Git, and the NPM ecosystem.
- Experience with continuous deployment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- A love for technology and learning new things.