Software Engineering Manager
The Jellyvision Lab Inc.
Jellyvision is hiring a Software Engineering Manager
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Software Engineering Manager to help us.
How you’ll help
As a Software Engineering Manager, you’ll lead a team of talented engineers in designing, building, and delivering our suite of products*. You’ll manage a team of approximately 5-8 direct reports and will report to the VP of Application Engineering.
What you’ll do
- Help ensure your team delivers on the product roadmap
- Manage the performance and career growth of your team members
- Perform regular one-on-ones and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Clear the road for your team by identifying and removing obstacles
- Ensure Jellyvision’s engineering standards and best practices are followed
- Collaborate with folks in our product and creative teams, as well as other engineering managers
- Hire new engineering talent
- Help your team look toward the future of the product
Experience & skills you’ll need
- A strong background in software development and web technologies
- A strong track record of leading a productive development team
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Our ideal Engineering Manager:
- Communicates clearly and effectively (with both technical and non-technical audiences)
- Leads technical discussions
- Helps resolve technical disagreements
- Evaluates and presents engineering trade-offs
- Creates an environment where people can do their best work, while having fun doing it
- Motivates, develops, and promotes technical experts and future leaders
- Develops talent
- Drives engagement
- Directs work
- Builds effective teams
- Balances stakeholders
- Organizational savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!