Manager of Software Engineering
Higher Logic is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to lead a group of our Software Engineers spread across multiple Scrum teams that deliver new and updated features within our SAAS products for our customers. The manager is an Agile servant leader who assists individuals and contributes to the ongoing transformation of the engineering department. The position reports to the Vice President of Product Engineering.
- Manage and support the members of two Scrum teams (Software Engineers and QA Analysts).
- Provide technical leadership to the teams by guiding the teams in solving complex technical problems.
- Own and execute to completion technical problem resolution, technical projects, and goals.
- Work with individuals to develop their skills and competencies in line with the organizational needs and individual career interests.
- Create an environment where engineers can do the best work of their life.
- Foster and inspire continuous improvement and adoption of best practices across the Engineering department.
- Work directly with Product Owners to help manage in-flight work and communicate progress both internally and externally to Higher Logic.
- Interview and hire new members of the Scrum teams in collaboration with the Higher Logic talent acquisition team.
- Collaborate with the Engineering leadership team, including other Managers of Software Engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology. Engineering or related field preferred.
- Passion for technology with a minimum of 5 years of experience developing software, .NET preferred, including back-end development using SQL databases.
- Organized, efficient, and results-driven.
- Experience in a technical or team lead role.
- Experience managing Software Engineers as direct reports preferred.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum principles, practices and methodology.
- Strong consulting skills and ability to establish relationships with other business leaders.
- Experience building and maintaining SAAS applications, ideally using the AWS platform.
- Thorough understanding of continuous delivery practices.