Backend Software Engineer - SDVI Rally Core
Do you enjoy working closely with your customers in small teams delivering rock-solid functionality and performance? SDVI is looking for Software Engineers to join our Core Backend team, and if that description resonates with you, you could be an excellent fit for our company.
SDVI’s corebackend team is made up of hard-working engineers that share a common interest in distributed microservice-based systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will help build the backend services that power our system, scale those systems for growth, and continuously improve our engineering practice. Above all, your work will impact the way video and audio media is prepared for television, streaming, and more!
What You’ll Do
- Architect, develop, and maintain performant microservices in Python responsible for <Quantity> of processing
- Interact directly with customers to help turn use cases into solid engineering solutions
- Collaborate with other engineers to identify and solve challenging problems
- Be a technical leader within SDVI in general
- Promote sound engineering practices, drive technical excellence and strategy
- Participate in design discussions with key stakeholders at various levels
- Design and optimize database queries for performance
Who You Are
- A very experienced software professional with 10 or more years of experience in software development
- A communicative person that values building strong relationships and even stronger teams
- Detail-oriented and well organized, able to explain complex topics in a clear way
- Possess exceptional coding skills, preferably in Python
- Comfortable making use of AWS building blocks where it makes sense for the system
- A skilled mentor, able to coach other engineers through technical and cultural growth
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- A self-motivated teammate with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- An analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiar with optimizing database structure and queries for growth
- Comfortable communicating via text and video channels
- Netflix or Spotify engineering culture resonates with you
Who **We** Are
- A cutting-edge SaaS developer in the Media & Entertainment industry
- Dedicated to a supportive team culture, and strong work/life balance
- 100% distributed team working from home or on the road
- Building and maintaining our platform using Python 3, microservices with Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, REST APIs, Docker, Nginx, all running on top of AWS.
SDVI respects the individual needs of employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
*No 3rd Part firms or agencies, please.
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com