Software Engineer - Full Stack (Mid-Senior)
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen.
We need software engineers like you to join our team. We have several open positions at every experience level.
As part of the team you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will design, develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services across our ordering platform. This position requires experience throughout our stack. One day you’ll be deep in a React front-end, the next you’ll be working on a complex back-end service.
We aim to deeply collaborate and communicate well. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. You'll work with a passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies.
Any engineer may work at Olo's headquarters in New York City's Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
- Demonstrating broad knowledge of software engineering concepts across the entire stack.
- Observing system performance in your domain and identifying emerging problems.
- Quickly assessing and resolving production incidents that arise in the components your team is responsible for.
- Exercising flexibility in the mix of frontend and backend work as it changes from one project to the next.
- Researching and proposing new technologies to apply effectively.
- Exhibiting good judgment, seeking out diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions.
- Providing constructive criticism in a way that builds the team's bench strength.
- Consistently delivering against commitments.
- Creating and augmenting accessible experiences (WCAG AA compliance).
How We Work
- We foster a culture of collaboration, communication, accountability, skill sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity.
- We practice Whole Team Quality, no throwing code over the wall.
- System Reliability Engineering, Scalability, and Security are embedded throughout our software process.
- We are outcome not output focused.
- Our tech stack is rooted in Ember, React, Sass, .NET (C# and F#) and SQL Server running in AWS infrastructure and modern software engineering tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, as well as heavy use of OSS .
- We write tests, and lots of them–a feature isn’t done until its testing has been automated.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.