Software Engineer - Android Frameworks
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is responsible for developing Video Communications, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technologies that will shape how people interact and communicate in the future.The Facebook Reality Labs team at Facebook is helping people around the world come together and connect through world-class hardware and software. We are developing the future of AR/VR, building products for people, and transforming entertainment, social and collaboration experiences. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Facebook Reality Labs is committed to driving the state-of-the-art forward through relentless innovation. Our teams explore, develop, and deliver new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future products. We're looking for candidates who are passionate about software development and the Android Platform, with solid experience in the Framework layer of the Android Operating System (not just application layer). A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, creative and doesn’t mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and partners to understand requirements, specify interfaces for new software frameworks, and enhance existing frameworks
- Define and develop APIs in the system-level framework layer that allow other layers of the stack to implement compelling and performant use cases
- Build on AOSP. Set technical direction for significant improvements
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the team
- 5+ years of experience with Android development
- Experience with Android internals or frameworks services
- Experience with AOSP (Android Open Source Project)
- Experience with shipping high quality consumer products
- Experience with coding in both C/C++ and Java
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Graphics development experience (OpenGL, Shaders, Texture, CPU/GPU Rendering)
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK, JNI and IPC mechanisms
- Experience with Android performance tools and security models
- Experience with Android Camera2 APIs
- Experience with Chromium and Chromium extensions
- Experience with Android UI frameworks and services
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.