Software Engineer - Portal Infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team is building products that make it easier to connect with others whether it is catching up with friends or syncing up with your team at work. The Portal Infrastructure team is enabling these products to connect to a wider variety of environments. We are seeking Software Engineers who are comfortable working across the software stack with a deep understanding of mobile devices.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and multiple partner teams to understand use cases and requirements and then design and implement solutions to meet them
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the product code base, and drive their continued development
- Customize the OS for specific environments and use cases and build scalable solutions to configure devices for them
- Build management and monitoring systems for device status, configuration, permissions, provisioning, and software updates
- Identify, propose, and implement improvements in core software infrastructure and architecture across the entire code base
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience coding in C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience in Mobile Device Management
- Experience with shipping high quality business or consumer products
- Experience with Software Development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of Android experience
- Experience with device security, management, and remote configuration
- Experience with AOSP (Android Open Source Project)
- Experience with Android internals or frameworks services
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.