About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Industry: Banking, Financial Technology, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Public
Job description Are you excited about developing new banking software applications for the cloud? Do you have experience developing REST API services-based software applications hosted in the cloud? The Jack Henry & Associates, Common Shared Services team is hiring a Senior Software Engineering Manager to lead a combination onshore and offshore engineering team (development and QA) building entirely new, cloud-first, microservices banking applications for Jack Henry.
As part of the Common Shared Services, Applications Engineering team, you’ll be at the center of Jack Henry’s strategic development and enhancement initiatives for new banking applications. As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be leading top-tier development and quality assurance teams to develop, quality test, and deliver multi-tenant, microservices based banking applications hosted in cloud and integrated with banks and credit unions across the country. You’ll work in a highly automated, DevOps organization. You’ll manage the application team’s programmers, quality analysts, and DevOps environment specialists. You’ll also collaborate with product owners, product subject matter experts, and clients to design & build solutions that Jack Henry customers will love!
This is a fast paced and fun work environment with a great team engaging like a new start-up company. You’ll need to be able to be agile and be flexible. You should be a self-motivated leader, and someone who loves to work closely with other teams across Jack Henry and our clients. This opportunity provides great opportunities for career progression not only within Common Shared Services but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Director of Software Engineering / Software Architect / Solutions Architect; or continue to grow your skills as a top-tier, Senior Manager of Software Engineering.
This position can be based out of the following Jack Henry office locations: Allen, TX (preferred location), Springfield, MO, Monett, MO or Remotely for the right individual.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing development and QA software teams.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading software integration, web services and API projects.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading public cloud-hosted applications, projects, and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft .NET Core, C# 8.0 microservices experience.
- Experience with RESTful API’s as well as integrating with SOAP-based API’s and web services.
- SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database experience.
- Apache or Confluent Kafka experience.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps experience.
- JHA Silverlake or CIF 20/20 product experience helpful.
- Strong business acumen concerning development of new technologies.
- Strong interest with helping create a new product team based on DevOps roles and responsibilities.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.