Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Magic Memories Digital, Ltd.
- We are primarily focused on building new systems in current and active languages with extensive reliance on cloud infrastructure (primarily in AWS)
- We have made a significant investment in automating and enabling our Software Engineers to efficiently deliver from test to production without the need for release specialists.
- We have significant systems built using Java (Spring Boot), Angular, Ruby, & Python running on Elastic Kubernetes Service from AWS.
- We maintain existing systems built in C#, Java, Angular, PHP, & Python on traditional EC2 with and without any configuration management (Puppet).
- We have extensive systems deployed on-premise in hundreds of locations around the world without any configuration management.
- We prefer containerization where possible but don’t always let infrastructure dictate the optimal solution.
- Some of our venues process as many as 3 photos a second!
That said, the technologies and stacks on which we build our digital product will belong to the team and be shaped by you, in this role.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant systems and business goals to guide you in designing and building effective solutions.
- Own and architect foundational business services.
- Communicate and partner cross-functionally with teams in product and software development.
- Drive new product initiatives forward by thinking creatively and with good judgment.
What We Need
- A self-starter who discovers practical solutions to hard problems and enjoys minimizing complexity along the way.
- Eagerness to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to finish exceedingly important work.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing software solutions.
- A willingness to collaborate with teammates distributed across nations and timezones in a flexible workspace built and defined by you! Read more about our Remote Working Manifesto.
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment
- A willingness to establish and help maintain test-driven development principles.
- Our Core Engineering Team Values sound a lot like you, and sound like the people you want to work with.
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion. At Magic Memories, we interact with millions of people across hundreds of sites in over 20 countries globally. Your unique history, culture, and community perspective are invaluable to the team we are building.
- Bonus: Experience with Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies.
- Bonus: Experience working with containers
- Bonus: Team leadership experience and a desire to mentor other software developers.
- Bonus: B.S. in Computer Science or similar education.
- Bonus: 5+ years of professional experience in building distributed systems and web services in a variety of languages and platforms.