About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: QA/Test Developer
Industry: Banking, Financial Technology, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Public
Job description Jack Henry & Associates is looking for our next great Test Automation Engineer. In this role, you will work in tandem with the platform services software development and DevOps development team to validate, document, test, and deploy microservices and applications making a positive impact on multiples Jack Henry teams, products and customers. You’ll work with various teams and contractors to ensure that our work is scalable, deployable and of the highest quality. If you enjoy breaking complex software systems to learn how to put it back together this could be the role for you!
Jack Henry offers great advancement opportunities not only within the OnBoard Development team but within the entire organization. A few positions you could advance to from this role are Test Automation Engineer Advanced, Senior and Advisory as well as a leadership role.
This role may be worked from any Jack Henry Office location and/or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in dedicated test automation.
- Experience with automation testing using Selenium in C#.
- Experience building QA processes (development, execution, and documentation).
- Experience with API Testing using Rest, or messaging (such as RabbitMQ, MassTransit, Azure Bus).
- Experience with Azure DevOps such as Integration tests with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment pipelines (CD).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- This position requires up to 5% travel to attend team meetings at various Jack Henry offices.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree.
- Experience breaking complex software systems.
- Good knowledge of Microservices' architectural style.
- Knowledge of chaos testing a big plus.
- Experience with mocking and tests extension like NSubstitute and FluentAssertions a plus.
- Experience with LoadRunner/JMeter load testing.
- Familiarity with testing and validating docker images.
- Creates and maintains basic automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
- Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Coordinates and performs automation projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that automation projects are completed on schedule.
- Establishes/maintains communication with manual testers/teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May submit test plans and test reports for review and feedback.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- Assists more senior team members in maintaining test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- With occasional assistance from more senior team members, analyzes script results and reports issues as requested.
- Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- May assist software developers in designing test cases for unit testing.
- May assist in creating use cases for UMLs.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.