Senior Software Engineer
Ever dreamed about using your engineering skills to make risk-less, arbitrage profits? Do you want to help change how financial markets are created and traded? Then you've come to the right place! Backed by Bain Capital Ventures and Stanford University's StartX Fund, Hummingbot is the leading open source algorithmic trading platform for digital assets.
This role fuses data engineering, algorithmic trading, and blockchain engineering to develop (1) a high-frequency, automated quantitative trading bot as well as (2) “liquidity mining”, a decentralized and crowd-sourced way to trade assets.
We're an experienced, highly technical team of traders (Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan) and engineers (Apple, BlueJeans, serial startup founders) who are searching for the right person to improve/harden our initial system.
What you'll be doing:
* Create and modify trading strategies; implement investment and risk management features.
* Add new capabilities and features such as integrations to new exchanges and new types of markets (e.g. derivatives)
* Be part of the core team and make a significant impact in a fast-growing, VC-backed blockchain startup.
You're a great fit if you're:
* Fluent in Python with prior experience in building python backend applications.
* Have painstaking attention to detail and take pride/ownership in your code and the quality of work you produce.
* Committed to development best practices.
* Resourceful and autonomous when taking on tasks, while at the same time able to collaborate closely with teammates.
* Thrive working with emerging technologies like blockchain with little/no documentation.
* A fast learner who is excited about the potential for crypto/blockchain technology to revolutionize the world.
Perks at Hummingbot:
* Become a core member of an experienced Silicon Valley-based team that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain and machine learning
* Competitive salaries
* Work hard, have fun culture
* International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
* Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy