Principal Software Engineer
We have an outstanding opportunity for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join our growing product development team. We are seeking candidates that have strong cloud-native development experience and who are passionate about the latest industry trends and innovations occurring in SaaS products. The Principal Software Engineer will be involved in significant development projects for our market-leading Higher Education Advising SaaS application. Your work will focus on creating solutions that provide value to the customer and collaborate with the scrum teams to plan and execute projects accordingly.
- Design, and develop highly scalable systems used by millions of users. Use various prototypes to build, communicate architecture, develop, and deploy using microservices-based architecture.
- Responsible for the overall database architecture across the Starfish product.
- Analyze current data designs to optimize and provide structural improvements to handle the growth of the business.
- Play the role of a data lead, guiding the work of all teams across Starfish.
- Research, design, implement and drive complex database changes within the product.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, architects during discovery, design, and development and factor in the inputs in designing with new modern data solutions.
- Proactively ensure cross-cutting architecture needs are met e.g., scalability, performance, security, supportability, testability.
- 7+ years of experience in software development using NoSQL & relational databases, Serverless, and Container-based architectures.
- Sound understanding of Microservices and REST APIs, including developing Microservices with NodeJS and related technologies.
- Good to have experience in one or more of these AWS Services: Glue, Redshift, Lambda, S3.
- Strong understanding of ETL / ELT processes and experience working with ETL / ELT tools.
- Strong understanding of Database Engineering Concepts and Best Practices.
- Hands-on experience in performance tuning, indexing strategies, and other optimizations for database systems.
- Experience designing, deploying, maintaining, and optimizing database solutions with PostgreSQL & DynamoDB.
- Hands-on experience guiding Development and QA teams with experience in CI tooling such as CodeClimate, Artifactory, Jenkins, and Snyk.
- Track record of delivering enterprise software, preferably SaaS applications.
- AWS Certification(s) at the Associate level or above is preferred.
A leader in education technology, Hobsons helps more than 15 million students to identify their strengths, explore careers, match to best-fit educational opportunities, create academic plans, and reach their education and life goals. More than 13,000 K-12 and higher education institutions partner with Hobsons and leverage our expertise and our solutions -- Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish -- to improve college and career readiness, college recruiting and admissions, and higher education student success to support millions of students.
Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
401(k) Plan with Match
Flexible Paid Time-Off
Generous Holiday Schedule
Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.