C#/.NET Software Engineer
C#/.NET Software Engineer
Today’s virtual training environments are segmented and simplistic—the opposite of the real-world’s complex and integrated cyber battlefield. When even the most subtle input can influence every other facet of an operation, the one-dimensional training provided to our armed forces is not only outdated, it flat-out fails to equip them to outpace the operational tempo of the rapidly-evolving multi-domain battlefield. In the virtual arena, new threats emerge every day. IDS provides the tools for warfighters and cyber operators not just to prepare for them, but to anticipate the risks and to be ready for them when they arrive.
Social Media Environment and Internet Replication (SMEIR™), a product of IDS International Government Services, is a digital training solution that provides a full-range, free-play, immersive, realistic and scalable operational practice environment in which warfighters simultaneously train on full-spectrum cyberspace operations and social media analytics during integrated and multi-dimensional exercises.
IDS International is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team and build out the next generation of our internet simulation platform, called SMEIR. Our extensive software suite is deployed into cyber-training exercises in various environments. The Senior .Net/C# Software Engineer will further develop our .NET and Node.js based command and control software. Our engineering team uses a modified Scrum/Agile process. Candidate must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. We use Slack, Jira and Git for project and software management. Our main office is in Arlington, VA with remote opportunities available for the right candidate.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience with:
- .NET Core 2.x WebAPI
- C# 7+
- RESTful API Design / Development
- Familiarity with Microservice Architecture.
- Experience with:
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Dev/Ops Experience with Linux, BASH, Python.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
IDS’s competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this ema