Mobile Chapter Head
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency, or programmable money, does not rely on an intermediary to give it legitimacy or value. Instead, it is valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that runs it. We think it’s time for the world to have an alternative form of currency.
We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules; we believe that we all have the right to access and use safe, fast and efficient financial services that do not charge excessive fees and that suit the digital era we live in. We firmly believe in Blockchain technology and its use cases. We support financial innovation and everybody’s right to access new and beneficial technologies. Visit us at https://bitso.com/
What we value:
- Passion for Bitso’s mission
- Entrepreneurial mindset, this is key!
- Be inspired and energized by our values: Drive change, Be human, Embrace your freedom.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. No task is insignificant.
- Raising the quality bar and challenging others
- Seeing opportunities when others see problems
- Passion for working with a diverse group of people and different points of view
- A collaborative spirit who gives thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Making decisions guided by long-term company objectives
- Setting ambitious goals, taking risks, and empowering others
- You’ll ensure that Bitso delivers an intuitive and user-friendly mobile experience by building the right capabilities: team, skills, tools and standard approaches, within an Agile environment
- You’ll inspire the mobile engineering chapter: team growth, cohesion, career paths, feedback sessions, coaching, evaluations, as well as allocate talent to different business teams.
- You’ll work closely with other engineering chapter heads and business leaders in defining and executing Bitso’s mobile strategy that reflects a deep understanding of business needs, stakeholders, and competitive landscape.
- Your day will consist of managing your chapter and coding.
- You’ll be hands-on building and maintaining key components of our native mobile clients.
- You’ll champion best practices, design principles, and a mobile-first strategy.
- You’ll architect and maintain Bitso’s mobile clients at a cross-functional level.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need
- Over five years of experience as a mobile engineer with an excellent understanding of either Android or Swift and a workable knowledge of the other.
- A history of building and shipping new mobile products and working closely with business leaders.
- A strong focus on mobile user experience and design principles 2.
- Prior experience or clear aspiration in growing and coaching a team and using performance management practices.
- The ability to stay focused on long-term goals while delivering short-term results.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency (above 90%).
- Able to thrive on learning new technologies and passionate about cryptocurrencies.