We are looking for a strong C++ engineer to join our growing core development team. You will be responsible for implementing new features in the open source core TileDB library, owning features from design to implementation. Strong skills in algorithms, data structures and optimizations (e.g., vectorized computation) are imperative. Our roadmap includes pushing down computation from higher-level integrations (e.g., MariaDB, Spark, Dask, etc) down to the TileDB storage engine, in order to enhance the overall performance and usability.
Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA, USA and we have a subsidiary in Athens, Greece. However, you will have the flexibility to work remotely as long as your residence is in the USA or Greece. US candidates must be US citizens, whereas Greek candidates must be Greek or EU citizens.
In your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with the core TileDB library. You will learn how to use TileDB in various applications, and learn the codebase. Our engineering team will help with your onboarding, and prepare you to make your very first commit within your first couple of days at work. After 30 days, you will be fully integrated in our team. You’ll be an active contributor and maintainer of the core TileDB library, and ready to start designing and implementing new features.
- Strong C++ (C++11 or greater) skills
- Strong knowledge on data structure and algorithms
- Experience with parallel programming and performance analysis/optimization
- Experience with Cloud Object stores (e.g., AWS S3)
- Experience with POSIX filesystems
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely (anywhere in the US or Greece)
TileDB, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive team.