Software Engineer, Site Reliability
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
Thousands of enterprises and millions of users worldwide depend on Auth0 for authentication and authorization of their most mission-critical apps, APIs, and IoT devices. Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice for developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Site Reliability Engineering team is aimed at improving reliability and uptime in a data-driven way to support internal and external customers' needs.
We are looking for software engineers with a good understanding of how systems fail and a desire to learn about infrastructure.
You are a good fit if you...
- Have initiative and can unblock yourself to get things done.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Pair with team members and other teams; collaboration is a very important part of this role.
- Like to get your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production.
- Understand the real problems by reading between the lines and asking good questions.
- Are easy to work with: you communicate well, take feedback in a positive way and are OK not always doing the most glamorous tasks.
- Can work well in a fully-distributed team.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have a great ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- You have designed applications and systems that scale, are resilient to failure, and are observable.
- You have practical experience developing and improving applications written in Node.js or Go.
- You live in a timezone located in GMT-7 to GMT-2 (we are giving preference to candidates who align with the existing team)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Python or other languages besides Node.js and Go.
- Experience with MongoDB or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working in a remote friendly, async environment.
- Experience with LightStep, DataDog or other observability systems.
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!