Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people’s lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We’re doing this by reimagining the online banking ecosystem and building products that empower and delight.
You will be involved with our team to build, deploy, monitor and scale resources to deliver the Banno Platform. Our Infrastructure Engineers empower development teams to build new services for deployment in a secure and scalable fashion. Emphasizing DevOps and observability, you’ll enable and guide our teams to deploy and monitor their own services.
About the Banno team
We strive to make solutions that empower community financial institutions to make digital banking personal and to stay relevant in today’s competitive, technologically diverse landscape. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. We place a high value on taking ownership, forming relationships built on empathy, continuous learning, and in general helpfulness towards others.
Within your role on the infrastructure team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with top-notch developers, product designers, operations teams, and leadership all across our organization. Our team is distributed and largely remote, though if you do prefer office life we have locations across the country. Work hours are flexible but gravitate towards US business hours.
Occasional travel up to 5% may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
This role can be worked from any JHA office or Remotely.
- Minimum 6 years of software development experience.
- Minimum 3 years of production operations, network security or infrastructure operations experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in deploying and managing cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive. Including the ability to methodically dive deep into complex technical problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others regardless of departmental or geographic boundaries.
- Experience advocating to peer and teams leads about new technologies, processes, and ideals.
- Ability to deploy infrastructure services and applications to compute platforms both public and private: primarily Azure, but also traditional enterprise data centers, AWS, or Google.
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker in production and migrating existing workloads to containers.
- Knowledgeable about automation and orchestration with an Ops-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance and security are core components.
- Contribute to the development of a strong, mature, and resilient team by assisting and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Collaborate with Senior and Advisory level engineers to propose strategies, ideas and technologies well suited to the problems at hand.
- Develop relationships with others that encourage a creative, thoughtful and fun work environment.
- You will combine engineering and software development experience and skills to drive best practices, patterns and architectures to maximize the availability, reliability and stability of platforms, processing and delivery of systems.
- Take part in an on-call rotation where you will aid engineering teams in responding to production issues quickly. Use early warning and alerting technologies to aid in the development of self-healing responses to problems.
- Participate in post-mortems focused on identifying contributing causes. Providing actionable solutions to prevent the issue from recurring and increase service reliability.
- Provide technical/engineering support to development teams for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems.
- Create and maintain required technical documentation and architectural decision records. Contribution to departmental standards and processes.