Experienced Back-end Developer for Large Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Systems
What's the gig?
PEMDAS is looking for an experienced back-end software developer and engineer to join our remote team. You will be working on cutting edge platform avionics and control systems designed to automate the effectiveness of large unmanned aerial systems. You will work with a host of other teams in support of this work to include large companies and small ones, such as ours, PEMDAS Technologies and Innovations. Our company has a key role to automate these platforms capabilities. As I like to say to our team, we are NOT designing cereal boxes. We do important stuff.
You will be expected to follow typical software development processes. Our developers use Git version control, continually integrate their software updates with automated builds, follow Agile software development processes, fully document their code, and follow accepted code style standards. This position offers a wide range of creative freedom, but utilizing these best practices allows us to maintain structure, consistency, and high quality products.
As we are a remote team, you must have the discipline to manage your time while working from home. Some travel will be required (<25%) in order to better coordinate implementation of complex solutions with our team and to facilitate demonstrations of our solutions to our government clients on site.
- BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related subject
- Clearance (or clearable)
- Familiarity with Atlassian or similar tool suite for task tracking and development processes
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Adhere to all software development team processes
Preference given to candidates with:
- Experience with meteorological data
- Have proficiency with containers or dockers
- Experience with test setup and test scenarios
You will be a perfect fit if you:
- Develop well-designed, implementable, and testable software
- Enjoy working on new, unexplored problems
- Do not like working mundane tasks, but prefer the ability to develop creative solutions
- Can conduct feasibility studies and advise on alternative approaches (trades)
- Work well as part of self-organizing team and are open to pair programming
- Thrive when working in the comfort of your own home as part of a geographically separated team