API Automated Software Development Engineer in Test ~ SDET (U.S. Remote)
We are currently seeking an API Automated Software Development Engineer in Test ~ SDET with experience creating automated software tools to verify and quantify the quality of the produced software. The right candidate is a self-driven individual with a passion for innovation, who will collaborate closely with developers, understand code and write automated integration and regression tests in a clean and organized manner.
- We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. (These roles are either Remote or report to offices in Universal City, CA or Englewood Cliffs, N.J.)
- This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits, and 401k. Railroad19, Inc. provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Develop and maintain test automation processes in alignment with the project and/or organization's standards and tools
- Create automated software tools to verify and quantify the quality of the produced software
- Mature and evolve test architecture through the evaluation and adoption of new automation tools, techniques, and practices
- Participate in early story development and design sessions to suggest and assist in acceptance criteria, boundary tests, and automation plans
- Once the story is ready to be tested, execute test cases and provide detailed and timely feedback
- Uncover, document and track defects
- Improve test case execution efficiency and test coverage
- Write and/or perform Manual, Integrations, Acceptance Tests, Functional Tests (must be able to script automation tests)
- Understand validation results of testing
- Create training documentation & conduct knowledge transfer sessions
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with the Engineering and Product teams to deliver quality software iteratively
- Integrate QA processes into Software Development & Release Cycles Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
Skills & Experience:
- 3 or more years of professional experience testing Microservices and demonstrated ability with writing automation for REST APIs
- 3 or more years of professional experience with: Java, REST-Assured, Postman/Newman, TestNG and other HTTP Request Client Libraries
- Proficient in the functional and nonfunctional testing of APIs, including validating JSON (schema and data formats) and API versioning strategy
- Ability to Demonstrate understanding of authorization and authentication mechanisms
- Experience with CI/CD tools, knowledge of how pipelines work and the ability to integrate automation into them.
- Experience with build and configuration tools, such as Maven or Gradle
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile development and delivery environment
- Experience with various Java IDE's: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, etc.
- Experience with Swagger/ Swagger Workflow
- Experience with GraphQL as an API Query language
- Experience testing with in AWS Environment/ Tools/ Integration
- Experience with testing in containerized environments, preferably Docker