The Director of Curriculum is a strategic and hands-on leader who is primarily accountable for the results of a high-functioning instructional team. The Director will work with groups across App Academy to ensure the highest-quality and delivery of content to our growing student body. The Director is charged with leading the efforts to implement and measure all systems needed to maintain a stable capacity of content creators.
- Coordinate with the VP of Academics to minimize cost of content creation and source appropriate contractors to augment full-time capacity
- Establish and enforce content standards, and provide direct feedback to all content creators with respect to the standards and the content
- Identify, develop, execute, and evolve the professional development programs for content creators
- Work with the Director of Instruction to garner implementation and evaluation feedback
- Work with the Director of Software Engineering as the primary stakeholder for the curriculum group
- Work with the Director of Enterprise Instruction to coordinate curriculum development for enterprise clients
Experience & Qualifications
- Three years of of professional software development experience
- Demonstrable above average written and presentation skills
Nice to Haves
- Three years of teaching adult learners
- At least one of the following: three years of experience teaching or a M.Ed.
- At least one of each of the following: five years of software development experience or an M.S. in Computer Science
- Take responsibility for student success:. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build like careers depend on it.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning