DevOps Project Manager (remote)
Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications. We’re a European VC-Backed startup with a host of blue-chip Enterprise clients and a string of awards and grants (including €2m from the EU Horizon 2020 program).
Platform.sh is built on top of open source languages, libraries and projects. But we never shy away from writing code. This means that even if there is an existing open source project that covers much of the functionality of something we want to achieve, we will consider, and often enough, chose to write our own implementation; Because sometimes 80/20 is not good enough. We have our own orchestration layer, our own reverse proxy, our own file-systems, our own reproducible build system.
To reinforce our technical prowess, we are looking to grow our operations team with an operations coordinator that knows their way around Linux. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be just the job for you.
Directly reporting to our VP of Infrastructure Operations, you will:
- coordinate and execute day to day tasks;
- monitor project activities and ensure general project organization;
- work with internal teams to schedule upgrades and maintenances all the while respecting team’s capacity;
- provide weekly and monthly reports recapping results to partners;
- identify and manage project dependencies and impediments;
- assist to produce the roadmap for continuous development;
- lead and facilitate daily scrum, planning and retrospective meetings.
Nice to have:
- hands on experience with Kanban Board & Jira;
- Scrum Master experience;
- reporting and dashboarding experience;
- knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3.
We have many extremely knowledgeable co-workers who are happy to invest their time in sharing their experiences with those who show talent, interest, and a willingness to learn.
This role is open to full time remote.