Software QA Engineer
Choose your own adventure! Whether you like wielding swords, casting magic, or firing arrows, you will be given a unique opportunity here at Paylocity to be a co-creator on one of our many product development teams with epic opportunities to learn, grow, and take on any challenge that you wish.
- Work with Software Engineers and Product Owners to implement quality into new features at all stages of our SDLC.
- Craft up plans to test features and help shape how we bring quality in early on in the development process.
- Analyze and classify each new feature for potential risk or unrealized business logic shortcomings.
- Solve complicated testing issues.
- Dive into a product development team where collaboration and innovation are praised.
- Engineer Automated Testing leveraging internally designed frameworks, with freedom to provide insight and new ideas to those frameworks.
- Hack our software by executing both manual and automated tests with intent to break all the things. With extreme prejudice. We take no prisoners here.
- Embark on new adventures to learn new testing techniques, technologies, or even programming languages!
- Bring all your skills, talents, and abilities. We want to learn from you!
- Have fun while speaking your mind
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment where QA engineers are empowered to help steer the direction of the team, as well as the larger QA organization
- A place to contribute Automation skills and experience company-wide through bi-weekly forum panels of fellow QAs and Software Engineers.
- Management buys into automation testing
- Small, homey, agile teams who work together to create awesome things. Silos aren’t a thing here.
- Annual training allowance to learn new things and bring it back to the team.
- Flexible remote work schedule
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company
- Management buy in and coaching of the Agile process
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology!
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit. We do not add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
- Casual, collaborative, Agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
What we offer:
- Annual training allowance, a license for Pluralsight, and a subscription to Safari Books Online
- Vast market opportunity – which means more growth and opportunity
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our developers in a position to succeed
- Flexible work schedule (work from home 2 days a week)