Salesforce Developer/ Release Engineer, Salesforce.org
We are looking for a release engineer to empower our product development teams in running, scaling, and expanding our automated processes for development and release and the Python based open source tooling to support it. Our team maintains a robust set of open source tooling to streamline the Salesforce development experience for both Salesforce.org's Product Delivery team and the broader community of Salesforce partners and customers. We manage release operations that deliver new software to the tens of thousands of NGO and Education organizations on Salesforce on a weekly basis. Our engineers leverage the latest in Salesforce packaging, SalesforceDX and the cutting edge of the Salesforce ISV development experience to enable scalable deployments and development across the Force.com platform technology stack.
This role will be embedded with our product development teams, attending their sprint meetings, and becoming familiar with the products to bridge the gap between product development teams and release engineering, allowing us to maximize the gains from our ongoing investment in process, automation, and tooling.
- Provide expertise across the product teams on tooling, including SalesforceDX, CumulusCI and MetaCI
- Develop deep familiarity with all assigned products and use that knowledge to determine how best to adapt our processes and tooling to the greatest benefit for our product teams
- Manage release operations for assigned products and teams
- Help maximize the productivity of our product teams by discovering and implementing project specific automation
- Design, architect and evolve automation processes used across the development lifecycle
- Work with product teams to develop and evolve enhancements to our tooling that could further scale our work
- Provide expertise and knowledge around managed packages and general packaging on Salesforce
- Help maintain internal and public facing documentation for release engineering tooling
- 3-5 years experience with Salesforce development OR with object oriented Python development including experience with devOps
- Proven history of attention to detail. This role requires coordinating frequent release cycles to tens of thousands of customers working to make the world a better place. Consistency of the release train is essential to maintaining our customer's Trust in our products.
- Comfortable working in command line environments
- Experience working in a support capacity, ideally supporting other developers. This role requires a support oriented mindset placing overall team productivity first
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce.org products such as NPSP, HEDA, and SAL
- Familiarity with the organizational needs of NGO or Education organizations
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Salesforce DX
- Experience with Salesforce.org's tooling: CumulusCI and MetaCI
- History of involvement in open source projects
- Experience deploying and maintaining web applications on Heroku
- Experience with Robot Framework for Python
- Experience with the Django Web Framework
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.