Sr. Engineer, Test - Performance
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score. We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N. Auth0's Test Infra team is composed by engineers who are passionate about software quality at speed. The team builds and maintains the frameworks used to test and release Auth0. As an engineer on the Test Infra team you will shape a culture of quality at speed, giving engineering teams the tools and best practices to build and ship high-quality products. Today we use Node.js for most of our code, so familiarity with it is a big plus. We are looking for curious, engaging and passionate engineers that will help us build an innovative team with a strong focus on continuously improving.
- Design and implement automated build, test, and release processes.
- Define and continuously improve testing strategies.
- Drive adoption of tools, frameworks, and best practices for testability and code quality.
- Create and maintain test automation frameworks and tests.
- Support users of tools and frameworks used for testing.
- Assist project teams determining whether a given component or feature is ready for release.
- Define the approach and infrastructure needed for functional and performance testing.
You might work on:
- Open source tools, CLIs, and frameworks.
- Writing blog posts about the cool stuff we are doing.
- Collaborating on tests and testability for each service.
- Analyzing support cases and production issues to find new ways of catching problems before release.
- Collecting metrics and building dashboards that help foster a culture of quality.
- Building and supporting the tools and infrastructure used to verify and ship changes every day.
- Experience with: continuous delivery, service-oriented architecture, cloud platform environments.
- Demonstrated skill with one or more of the following: test automation, performance testing, tool or framework design, refactoring, debugging.
- Comfort working in a globally distributed environment with a remote workforce.
Additionally, we are currently focusing on Performance Testing, and it would be really nice if you had some of the following:
- An understanding of the different metrics and indicators performance tests can/should focus on.
- An understanding of how to approach establishing scalability, capacity and reliability requirements for services.
- Ability to visualize and interpret complex systems, understand component boundaries and how they help identify system bottlenecks.
- Previous experience analyzing/interpreting performance test results by leveraging investigate/explorational skills against data.
- #US; #AR; #CA;