Software Engineer - Research (Proof of Vulnerability)
Under guidance of a principal investigator (PI), a software engineer on a research project will implement innovative prototypes to explore new approaches to problems in software engineering.
This position can be Remote (MUST BE IN THE USA), in the Ithaca, NY Headquarters or in our Madison, WI Office. The first 10 - 14 days of employment are usually in Ithaca, NY for training and to meet the team.
A research-oriented software engineer is expected to:
- Study and implement approaches drawn from academic literature or in-house design
- Evaluate the resulting prototype implementation to test its value in addressing the research goals
- Report results to the PI and respond by adapting the prototype to better address research goals
- Contribute to presentations and written reports that keep research sponsors up to date on project progress
- Prepare prototypes for demonstrations and evaluations by research sponsors. Respond to any last-minute complications to ensure a smooth and successful evaluation.
- BS in computer science or equivalent.
- Advanced software application development skills in C and C++
- This position is not eligible for any form of VISA sponsorship, including OPT.
Know one or more of these? So much the better.
- Experience with binary analysis, both static and dynamic
- Experience with automatic input generation (fuzzing and symbolic execution)
- Experience with vulnerability research
- Experience with penetration testing (e.g., using MetaSploit) or vulnerability demonstration