PHP Inventory Developer - Remote
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Position:
Inventory is the heart of the Dealer Inspire platform. In this position, you will be working alongside our Inventory Management System, METAL℠, which is designed to help car dealers oversee the merchandising and maintenance of stocked vehicles. METAL℠ uses modern architecture to process nearly a million vehicles per day, validating them against our internal and external APIs, updating our internal Inventory Management System (IMS) as well as our 3rd Party vehicle aggregation partners.
- Manage OEM and Compliance requirements for various brands
- Work within Inventory databases
- Build new features and enhancements
- Support and maintain legacy features
Skills & Requirements:
We're flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience - but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
- 5+ years experience working with PHP frameworks
- 5+ years experience working with MySQL or Similar RDBMS
- 5+ years experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Understanding of the AWS ecosystem
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components.
- Strong understanding of build processes/automation
- Experience with job queues and background PHP processes
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements
- Experience within the Automobile Industry
- Experience with Queue-Worker Architecture
- Experience with WordPress
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Work from home Fridays
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.