Cloud Systems Engineer
WSM International LLC
As a Cloud Systems Engineer, you'll help plan, architect, consult and execute on a wide range of workload, application and data/cloud migration and DevOps related projects, working both independently and as part of our systems engineering team.
- Assist with Discovery, Scoping and Planning of cloud adoption related projects
- Perform proof-of-concept for server and cloud migration projects
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to execute all phases of complex migration projects
- Maintain existing Windows and/or Linux-based environments
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our customer's objectives and related system interactions through direct customer, partner and/or WSM business staff communications, meetings and project discovery sessions
- Work closely with partners, customers and colleagues to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, and scheduling
- Contribute to DevOps tool chain implementation, DR and/or security initiatives as a part of the overall server or cloud transformation & migration engagement for WSM customers and partners
Skills & Requirements
- One or more AWS or Azure certifications are required; GCP certification a plus
- 5+ years Experience with multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux-based systems
- Experience with establishing, deploying, and monitoring cloud-based application environment
- Experience operating virtualization in a data center, migrating applications from data center to cloud, or planning and executing similar scale and technology programs
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, Virtual Network, Subnet, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of cloud security
- Experience with managing applications in Public Cloud Providers, including AWS or Azure
- Experience with monitoring of systems, networks for performance, uptime, and security
- Virtual and physical servers support
- Familiarity with VMWare and Openstack
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Moderate understanding of networking technologies (subnetting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Basic database knowledge (SQL/MySQL)
- Basic familiarity with at least one virtual machine system (KVM, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.)
- MCP, MCSE or MCITP, or RHCE certifications
- Chef or Puppet experience
- Experience with DB's such as SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Microsoft TFS or Bamboo
WSM is an established industry-leading technical services and solutions integrator undergoing a rapid growth phase due to demand for our cloud adoption, migration, transformation, security and DevOps services.
We offer virtually unlimited career growth potential for talented and motivated developers, systems engineers and server administrators.
We thrive in a casual, open, friendly and collaborative environment. Our work is rewarded with very good pay and an awesome benefits plan including health, term life, short and long term disability, 401k with company match (yeah!), profit sharing plan, equity program, dental, vision and flexible PTO. This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position.