Blue Orange Digital
You will be joining a highly talented team of engineers working on a custom hiring and talent mapping application. We are helping a large company leverage their data to find the perfect candidates. This ranges from predictive models to answering other very open-ended questions. We have a range of projects from
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Use statistical, algorithmic, data mining, and visualization techniques to model complex problems, identify opportunities, discover solutions, and deliver actionable business insights.
- Own your projects and use this autonomy to find creative and innovative ways of solving problems and delivering solutions.
- Handle both parts of the Research & Development process, including clean, rigorous implementations of devised models inside our Analytics system.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Be in constant communication with team members and other relevant parties and convey results efficiently and clearly.
- A strong background in advanced mathematics, in particular in probability theory and statistics, data mining, and machine learning.
- Comfortable working with messy structured data sets and turning them into machine learning products
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (keyword extraction and sentiment analysis)
- You must be able to think critically, to look at the big picture and spot what is missing, taking advantage of it to propose improvements and deliver business insights.
- 4+ years of professional experience in data science, doing exploratory data analysis, testing hypothesis, and building predictive models.
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand complex new concepts.
- Proficiency in Python and previous experience efficiently conducting research and creating ad hoc reports.
- Familiarity with Scala/Spark a plus
- Be excited about collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.