Full-stack Java/JEE Engineer - REMOTE
SemanticBits is looking to hire a talented software developer who can help us build the next generation clinical applications.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a faster learner and passionate about building good software. He or she has a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, experience working across different technologies, and the ability to think clearly about problems and choose the right course of action.
What you'll be doing
You will be working in a fast-paced, Agile environment consisting of a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and experts in the biomedical domain. You will be responsible for designing and implementing critical parts of the clinical systems - from back-end through to the front-end, web-based user interfaces.
- Designing, implementing, and delivering high-quality software, applying industry best practices
- Working effectively with other software engineers, product managers, UX designers, subject matter experts, and clients
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
- Being a productive member of a highly collaborative fast-paced agile team
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to write high-quality code efficiently
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- At least five (5) years software engineering experience with Java technology
Required technical expertise
- Core Java and JEE
- Object-relational mapping frameworks, such as Hibernate
- Significant experience with Spring Framework; familiarity with Spring Boot
- Dependency injection frameworks, such as Spring and Spring Boot in particular
- Build automation, such as Maven and Ant
- Containerization solutions, such as Docker
- Relational databases - should be very comfortable writing SQL and defining relational schemas
- NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
- Object-oriented design - should be able to use UML effectively and apply design patterns to common problems
- MVC web application frameworks, such as Spring MVC
- RESTful web services with JSON
- JVM-based languages/frameworks, such as Groovy/Grails, are a plus
- Automated unit/integration/functional testing experience on both front- and back-end is a must: JUnit, Selenium/WebDriver, Protractor, Jasmine or similar
- Experience in utilizing CI/CD environments (e.g. Jenkins) is strongly desired
- AWS experience is a big plus
- Experience with git (workflows, merge strategies, etc) is strongly desired
- Familiarity with Scala is strongly desired
If you satisfy the above requirements and...
- you are interested in developing software that can help save human lives
- you are interested in working in a team made up of super talented software developers
- you consider your programming skill a craft that you are constantly improving
- you want your contributions to be valued and appreciated always
- you can communicate and
- you are better than 80% of the software developers you have met...
...then please reply to this post with your resume. We will return your inquiry ASAP.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual Working Environment
- Flexible Office Hours
- Unlimited Coffee & Snacks
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.