Lead Salesforce Developer - Remote
As the Lead Salesforce Developer at Toptal, you will work with Engineering, Product, and Business stakeholders to develop and deliver key business results. As a thought leader and resident technical expert, your contributions will help us drive innovation as we rapidly scale and build the future of work.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will own the development and technical integrity of Toptal’s Salesforce instance. You will lead the technical integration project between Salesforce and Toptal’s platform. You will also lead all technical initiatives related to Salesforce jointly with your Business Operations counterpart, including building customizations to our Salesforce instance. You will also own release planning and timelines for all Salesforce initiatives. As part of this, you will facilitate any meetings or technical discussions required to make your projects a success, and communicate proactively with your stakeholders around requirements, timelines, and roadblocks.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard into Toptal and understand who you will be working with and what projects you will be working on first.
- Start learning about Toptal’s Enterprise business.
In the first month you will:
- Completely understand Toptal’s Enterprise Sales processes.
- Be completely familiar with Toptal’s Salesforce instance.
- Lead your first projects.
- Have shipped your first Salesforce features.
In the first three months you will:
- Have shipped your first Salesforce Integration milestone.
- Have an idea for a roadmap of improvement features you’d like to make for Salesforce.
- Have an idea about how to improve our sales processes based on your observations and be communicating with your business counterparts proactively on these things.
In the first six months you will:
- Have completed Salesforce integration milestones.
- Execute improvement features on the roadmap.
- Have an established feedback loop with all members of the Sales, Product, and Engineering teams.
In the first year you will:
- Be responsible for developing and implementing the roadmap for Salesforce.
- 4+ years of Salesforce development and architecture experience, including strong expertise with Visualforce and Apex programming.
- Vast knowledge of Salesforce Lightning Platform and core features.
- Experience with Force.com APIs.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other platforms.
- Experience with exporting Salesforce data for use in third-party reporting tools and/or Einstein is a plus.
- Salesforce Platform Developer Certification, PDI or PDII (Application Builder is plus).
- Experience working within B2B sales or services organizations with knowledge of sales best practices.
- You are thoughtful, diligent, and proactive as a problem solver.
- Ability to plan and control your own scope of work and not need to receive a task list from someone every day.
- Have a track record of delivering successful products as an engineer.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excel at organizing your own tasks and communicating your status.
- Proficient in managing multiple stakeholders with the ability to communicate expectations in a clear and concise way.
- Thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.