Senior DevOps Engineer (US Timezone, Remote)
What will your day look like?
Turn on your monitor and join the hangout for your daily standup. There are some GitHub pull requests that need your attention, time to put your Ansible hat on. Lunchtime - you go and meet some friends at your favourite cafe. When you get back to your desk, your Terraform environment has finished provisioning and you kick off some smoke tests on your Kubernetes cluster. Then it’s back to your earlier automation work. Before you know it, it’s time to close the laptop.
What will you be doing?
At NearForm, we work with international clients who are industry leaders in their respective fields. Our role is to help them build solutions and platforms; help them to launch new product ventures and fundamentally change how they operate.
Join a highly skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and also members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily standups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros; all with as little ceremony as necessary.
What do we ask of you?
- 6+ years experience developing at an enterprise level
- Modern DevOps mindset using best of breed open source tools and technologies, including, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration, including, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience managing and automating real-world platforms/applications on AWS
- Experience with Continuous Integration and the building of continuous delivery pipelines
- Security awareness throughout the stack
- Data storage experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- US or South American Timezone
- Availability for short-term travel on a semi-regular basis
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
What will you get?
- Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Family friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormer’s wellbeing.
- Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
- NearFest: we all get together in person at our annual company retreat
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.