Cloud Applications Developer
Thermopylae Sciences and Technology
Google Earth Enterprise (GEE) Cloud Applications Developer
Location: Remote (Work from Home) or Arlington, VA
Do you want to work on a product that allows government organizations and businesses to host their own Google Earth globe? Open Google Earth Enterprise (Open GEE) allows organizations and businesses to take advantage of the same publicly available Google Earth capabilities, behind the firewall, in an offline/disconnected environment, or in low bandwidth areas. Joining the Thermopylae team, you’ll be working to automated Google Earth Enterprise in the cloud, working to scale the application horizontally to build globes using hundreds of terabytes of data Thermopylae is now leading the effort to take Open GEE to the next level for the GIS community. Check us out at:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a STEM related discipline, or relevant coursework in geographic information science
- 4+ years Cloud/Infrastructure development
- 2+ years Python development
- AWS EC2, S3, EFS, Cloud Watch, Lambda, IAM, etc.
- Automation tools: Ansible, Packer, Terraform
- Deploying and supporting end-user software for an active user-base
- Linux development and application environments: networking, file-systems, services, package management
- Benchmarking Linux and cloud infrastructure applications
Additional Experience Desired
- Container management i.e. Kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Container Service
- Python libraries: WSGI, Psycopg2, Boto3
- Developing and deploying geospatial/mapping applications
- Relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL/PostGIS)
- Continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- C++ development
- Expected to deliver new features, enhancements, and bug fixes working with your Scrum team.
- Expected to write unit tests, integration tests, smoke tests, and application code within infrastructure sandboxes, staging, and production.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of software and cloud capability.
Thermopylae Sciences & Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.