Managed Service Engineer
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer! The Managed Service Engineer is an Engineering role responsible for provisioning, installing/configuring, operating, monitoring, designing and building automation tools and maintenance of the system stack related to the Auth0 Private SaaS. The successful candidate for this position will be the person responsible for customer production, development and test infrastructure administration across several geographic locations. The candidate should have a broad infrastructure, systems, security, operations, scripting and automation skills. This role can be located anywhere in the Asia-Pacific timezones.
In this role you will:
- Executes solution deployments (installs).
- Operations Engineering for PSaaS Deployments, including: updating/patching customer deployments, other maintenance activities (Database operations, network configuration management, etc.), and timely incident and problem resolution for PSaaS customers.
- Monitors health of PSaaS deployments and tunes performance accordingly.
- Provides advice to customers for better operation, takes appropriate proactive steps to alleviate issues.
- Performs capacity planning, performance and scalability testing.
- Escalation and resolution point for PSaaS support issues requiring escalation from field teams including: Timely and proactive response to support requests/tickets and timely production of high-quality Root Cause Analysis documents (RCAs).
- Provides documentation around PSaaS Operations.
- Develops scripts/tools to further automate day-to-day monitoring, response and maintenance tasks.
- Interfaces with the PSaaS Engineering team to report core product issues, required improvements, new feature requests.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- General platform infrastructure knowledge, including high availability / load balancing concepts and technologies, routers, firewalls, storage subsystems.
- Professional work experience with protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SSH, etc. and Linux operating system Ubuntu.
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and tools like MongoDB, NodeJS, and NGINX; ElasticSearch is a plus.
- Ability to code and script, experience with systems and IT operations (Ubuntu Linux, bash scripts).
- Familiarity of automation tools.
- Experience with monitoring, troubleshooting techniques, problem management, root cause analysis.
- A strong focus on business outcomes, comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers and teammates.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities, assign special tasks and projects, identify new opportunities for process improvement;
- Possess outstanding decision making and analytical skills;
- Serve as a coach, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for customers and support representatives.
- Multi tasking and Time Management Skills