Spire Systems is seeking a versatile developer passionate about using web technologies to solve real-world business problems. This is a full-time, permanent position on a small team of remote developers. You will have significant autonomy on one or more projects that support our accounting and ERP software ecosystem.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working professionally in a software development role
- Previous experience building and/or consuming HTTP APIs (REST or GraphQL)
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing ability
- Ability to get things done both independently and on a team
- Eligible to work in Canada
We use Zulip for chat, Jira (with Kanban) for issue tracking, Git, and Jenkins. Our meetings are scheduled ahead of time and participants connect from wherever they are. Occasionally we have everyone at the office for some kind of event--but it's usually not for work!
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and profit sharing
- Medical, vision, dental for you and your dependents
- An approved development conference per year (employees have chosen PyCon, JSConf, and CascadiaJS in the past)
- Flexible hours and accommodative vacation policy
Spire Core Values
Sustainable - We create software for growing businesses that keeps pace with the fast-changing technology industry, preserving investments and maintaining profitable relationships.
Progressive - We are forward thinking and dynamic. We embrace change and use it as a catalyst for innovation.
Integrity - We demonstrate accountability by delivering what we promise. We will earn and maintain trust.
Respect - We value diversity and promote inclusiveness. We treat others as we expect to be treated.
Excellence - We hold ourselves to the highest standards and strive to meet and exceed expectations.