Lead Quality Engineer
Ceros is an experiential content platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital content without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom interactive microcontent, to immersive event microsites, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content instantly, and embed it into your site instantly. Join us in ending the endless creation of static content and be part of the movement towards meaningful content experiences.
We are well-funded and venture-backed by prominent investors including Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
About the Team
Designing and building the Ceros platform is not easy. We require the best-of-the-best developers, designers, and QA testers, ready to bring the functionality of desktop design software to the web, often pushing browsers to the limits of what’s currently possible.
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working in a small, cross-functional group with the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute. Every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much -- whether it’s cracking jokes in the chat room or poking fun at the CEO’s atrocious spelling.
This position is 100% remote, but we are primarily in US Eastern time zone and prefer candidates who can have an overlapping work schedule with the rest of the team.
About the Job
Affectionately referred to internally as “The Day-Ruiners”, our QA specialists work side by side with developers and designers to ensure product excellence. We’re looking for a QE Lead to drive the definition and evolution of QE processes, as well as automation, to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth. The perfect candidate should have strong, quality engineering experience in agile environments, and team leadership skills.
Day to day responsibilities include ensuring that our QA team runs as efficient as possible, testing new features, writing and maintaining automated tests, working with our support team to triage and document defects found in production, and assisting with releases. You should have previous experience testing web applications and know where things can break down. Proficiency using browser developer tools and being comfortable with the command line is also a must. Most importantly, you need to care deeply about our customers and their experience working with us.
Working from home, you’ll be communicating often through chat rooms, email, and video conferencing. We offer flexible working hours and an extremely flexible vacation policy. And we provide excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.).
As a quality assurance lead, your typical day-to-day involves:
- Taking ownership of the QE process and overall testing of our product
- Lead the Quality Engineering teams to define and execute efficient QA tools & frameworks
- Establishing best practices for the QA team as a whole
- Developing and refining QE processes to ensure testing runs as efficiently as possible, without sacrificing product quality
- Designing robust test plans and strategies for features
- Monitoring product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc.)
- Troubleshooting production issues
- Facilitating communication across multiple agile teams
- Presenting an aggregate view of testing to management
- Personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers
- Developing and maintaining our automated testing suite
- Testing stories to make certain we are producing the highest quality product
- Testing for performance, security and resiliency
- Identifying needs and process improvements and take the initiative to implement changes
- 4 years experience in a Senior/Lead quality engineering role, with an in-depth understanding of software engineering and development lifecycles, continuous integration, and agile-centric quality practices
- Proven track record in quality engineering, both manual and automation
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Experience testing single page web applications across multiple browsers and devices - both automated and manual
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Experience with performance testing tools
- Knowledge of containers and cloud services
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent with at least one scripting language
If you’re interested in being part of the Ceros team, please send your resume and a cover letter to us. We’re a company of passionate, honest, and sometimes silly people, so please express yourself.