Senior DevOps Engineer (Europe, Remote)
What your day looks like
You get home from the gym, you like to get there early to avoid the rush hour and it gets your energy levels up for the day. Turn on your monitor and join the hangout for your daily standup. There are some GitHub pull requests that need your attention, time to put your Ansible hat on. Lunchtime - you go and meet some friends at your favourite cafe. When you get back to your desk, your Terraform environment has finished provisioning and you kick off some smoke tests. Then it’s back to your earlier automation work. Before you know it, it’s time to close the laptop.
What you’ll be doing
At nearForm, we work with international clients who are industry leaders in their respective fields. Our role is to help them build solutions and platforms; help them to launch new product ventures and fundamentally change how they operate.
Join a highly skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and also members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily standups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros; all with as little ceremony as necessary.
What we ask of you
- 6+ years experience developing at an enterprise level
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Located in Europe
- Availability for short-term travel on a semi-regular basis
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Modern DevOps mindset using best of breed open source tools and technologies, for example, Terraform and Ansible
- Management and automation experience of real-world platforms/applications on AWS
- Experience working with Azure is desirable
- Continuous integration - building continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration must include Kubernetes
- Security awareness throughout the stack
- Data storage experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies