Front End Engineer - Remote in US
We are seeking a passionate Front End Engineer to help us build both our customer-facing and internal applications using web technologies. You must be a developer with a sense of good design and UX. We are looking for someone with strong views who is passionate about creating great products.
- Design, build and maintain compelling experiences and features to power Knock’s internal and customer-facing web products with React and Nodejs.
- Collaborate with design & product teams on new interfaces and interactions.
- Implement product features, releases, and fixes.
- Committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of full lifecycle software development experience including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success. Comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- Expert in React.js. Experience with various app architectures especially Redux.
- Experience with Nodejs (Hapi.js).
- Knowledge of inner workings modern web browser - history, pop/push-state, localStorage, etc
- Best web practices and performance tuning.
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- React Native.
- AWS ecosystem such as Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, and CloudWatch.
- Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes.
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time and are open to where you live and work.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco and Atlanta with more on the way, but we are also a distributed company with employees in 13 different states so we are open to any US location for this role.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.