Web Dev Instructor (Nights & Weekends Course)
Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed software developers. As a Nights & Weekends Course Instructor, you will deliver high quality live workshop content based on the Web Development curriculum, preparing students to successfully transition careers. In addition to working directly with students, Instructors are expected to maintain an environment of regular, candid feedback with the Educator Experience team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, email, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- Delivers high quality workshops based on the curriculum materials, and provides live coding demos when appropriate, to supplement written materials and content to provide students with the skills and knowledge to get their first developer job.
- Maintains and updates the daily and weekly student syllabus which outlines the required homework and assignments, and deadlines for assessments and projects.
- Provides minimum 4 hours of on-demand video and chat support for students as they move through the program assignments.
- Works with the other Format Leads for engagement formats (Mentor Sessions, Group Sessions, Grading, Technical Coaching, Mock Interviews/Assessments) to ensure that consistent experience is happening for students in immersive courses
- Part time commitment to Thinkful, ranging from a minimum 8 hours per week to a maximum of 15 hours per week
- Previous experience in teaching, mentorship, lecturing, or instruction
- Available to instruct Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30-9:30pm Eastern and/or 6:30-9:30pm Pacific
- Expertise with Data Structures and Algorithms, and comfort explaining these topics.
- Ability to explain complicated topics clearly and without jargon
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of detail orientation and an exceptional work ethic
- Enjoy working with people, not just putting your head down and working
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
Compensation and Benefits
- Part-time position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry