Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Banno is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Banno leverages bleeding edge technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We build front end applications natively in both Android and iOS as well as using modern web components.
You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success every day. You want to be somewhere that surrounds you with other great engineers that drive you to be better every day.
Although you work with multiple teams you are self-motivated and able to work with independence. You want to own the deliverable from working with the product manager to defining the scope all the way through supporting your work in production. You care deeply about your work, your teams, and the end user.
Banno values trust and those with a bias towards action. We have a remote-first culture that challenges you each day and supports your growth. We are confident you will love it here.
What you are working on
The Developer Advocate is the primary public interface for evangelizing Banno’s API and assisting outside developers in using the API. The Developer Advocate is constantly creating new proof of concept projects to demonstrate inventive new things to do with Banno’s API. The Developer Advocate is also publicly discussing Banno’s API on social media as well as presenting at conferences.
About the Banno team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of over 100, we place a high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people.
Travel of up to 25% may be required for company meetings, professional development, and public speaking at conferences.
- Minimum of six years of any programming experience.
- Must have experience presenting at a conference, industry group or local development groups. Will be required to submit a video presentation or portfolio of presentation materials.
- Experience being in a customer facing role as an engineer.
- Must have an active professional presence on Twitter.
- Proof of concept applications built for various APIs on GitHub.
- Examples of great communication: documentation, blog posts and video blogs.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows, and press events
- Advocate for developers internally and craft narratives around new releases and features by working with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams.
- Write, curate, and edit developer resources: tutorials, examples, guides, and documentation.
- Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of company products and services
- Create screencasts, white papers, and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
- Work with worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry developer advocacy organization
- Collaborate and cultivate trust with both the product and the developers. Facilitate dialogue to drive achievement of objectives and a better developer experience.
- Develop a process to solicit, gather, and organize feedback from both internal and external stakeholders to improve and extend the developer experience, product offering, and platform ecosystem.