Senior DevOps Engineer (Python, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform) - Onsite or Remote
Please note remote candidates must be living and eligible to work in the USA.
Onsite locations can be San Francisco (CA), Des Moines (IA), or Champagne (IL)
More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of Granular's success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform agriculture!
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Partner with other engineers to identify the optimal cloud infrastructure, networking and storage design for each solution
- Develop tooling to enable product development teams to build and deploy software as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Collaborate daily with fellow team members to drive best practices and identify innovative strategies for successful delivery
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience designing and building tooling and infrastructure for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE or similar).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Expertise in Python or any other compiled language e.g. Go
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Salt, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust, effective, and high quality solutions
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience automating manual or time consuming processes
- Experience managing Kubernetes clusters is preferred
- Experience orchestrating build/deployment of complex, distributed applications is preferred
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodology is preferred
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices