Full-stack React Developer-Remote
We are looking for a creative, motivated developer who is comfortable working in a modern, full web application stack and has particularly strong React skills. On our team, you’ll own features throughout the software development lifecycle - from planning and implementing server-hosted APIs to designing and building front-end interfaces. You’ll need to be able to think independently and operate with a high degree of autonomy, while also participating in a welcoming community of passionate developers. We have challenges ranging from creating new ways to visualize medical information to implementing data pipelines to improving application performance. You’ll need to have a love for problem-solving, a passion for collaboration, and a can-do attitude.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup. We feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- In-depth programming and database work including the ability to design efficient and reusable systems.
- Ability to take ownership for a project, engineer a sound technical solution, and “drive” a project to completion — from architecture design to implementation and testing and maintenance of our products
- Being comfortable with quick development cycles that include frequent testing and quality assurance checks before going into production.
- Willingness to work at all levels of the stack — CI/CD (Docker, Jenkins), database (PostgreSQL, Redis), services (Node, Python, Celery), and frontend (React, Redux)
- Actively participate with engineering, design, operations, product-management, and other teams to create new and compelling user-facing features that provide the best experience for our customers
- Meet business needs while maintaining scalable architecture and keeping dependable consistency of business objects
- Collaborate with other technology and business teams to ensure that our solutions are well integrated in the larger context of the company.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or four years of professional experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design
- 4+ years of experience in Python or Node.js based web application frameworks
- Ability to write well-formatted, structured, and clean code and comfortably work with backend and DevOps technologies such as NodeJS 8+, Docker, Kubernetes
- Enthusiasm for direct and frequent interaction with the users and interest in discovering opportunities collaborating closely with UX, Product, and other colleagues
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.