Full Stack Senior Software Engineer (React Apollo Graphql Python Docker Django)
FineTune is seeking a full stack developer with strong hands on experience on reactjs, axios, react-apollo, graphql, python, flask/django, pytest, docker, database performance and microservices. S/he must have experience working with at least 3 production released software projects/products that they have deployed on AWS or Google Cloud and working for at least 10 years releasing production quality software. S/he should be hands on tech and comfortable solving complex system problems while making sure software team understands clearly what they are building, while refactoring/architecting new and existing services to scale to support 5 million users.
You should have hands on experience in optimizing front end code performance, analyzing API caching errors, comfortable digging into docker containers and be diving into large code bases to refactor components and migrate database models.
S/he should also be comfortable interacting with customer and provide guidance on the technical feasibility and scope of engineering/rearchitecting needed to solve problems and deliver features. Full stack developer will also work with QA team to find best ways to increase the performance of the development team and enhance software quality and development speed.
S/he will interface with engineering leadership to continuously drive innovation and new product development while promoting and advancing the scalability and modularization of current platform we are working on with Collegeboard and other partners. S/he will be essential member of the engineering team to drive company vision and mission while scaling the software for larger audience.
Experiences necessary to be successful:
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders and providing practical solutions that can work in production
- Always automating solutions, but making it clearly understandable to other developers and users
- Highly collaborative and be able to communicate both interpersonally and in your code (we <3 COMMENTS! and ability to think about future developers)
- Not afraid to dive into other’s code, refactor and rewrite if it’s best for maintenance and end user
- Eye for great software engineering practices (i.e. experience in dealing with bad code and improving or refactoring with good design)
- Experience in developing testable components
- Experience in relational schema and data migrations with ability to optimize indexes and data for database performance
- Experience with rigor in branching, rebasing, cherry picking and collaborating in github
- Experience in agile sprints a plus
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness