Self-starting Software Architect for SaaS team
Convey Health Solutions
Ever imagine working for a start-up that’s not a startup? How about leading the effort to renovate a crusty Enterprise (capital “E”) industry with modern web development tools and tactics?
Our Product Engineering team is led by developers with extensive backgrounds in modern workflows and toolchains. Our goal is to deliver contemporary web applications to an industry mired in late 90’s technology. We need top-tier developers who are excited about writing code that solves new problems with an inclination for leadership: trailblazers attracted to green-field opportunities, who can self-direct with minimal oversight, and thrive when there’s a personal stake in their work and the outcome.
Company headquarters are located in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and we’d prefer someone onsite. That said, a growing portion of our team works remotely, so you’ll interact with tools such as Zoom, Skype, HipChat, etc.
This position is responsible for serving as the technical lead for day to day software development activities in coordination with Software Engineers, as well as coordinating both tactical and strategic technical changes with the Product Manager and Client Services. This is a “hands on” role meaning responsibilities also include daily execution (delivering features and resolving issues). This position also entails troubleshooting, diagnosis, and remediation for issues identified in production. The ideal candidate meshes well with software engineers, IT teams, and business stakeholders to help shepherd healthy change and growth of the product platform and codebase.
- Proven track record of getting stuff done
- Excellent telecommuting skills: self-motivating, self-directing, and a good communicator
- Experience with React.js
- Experience in system, network, or database administration
- Background in healthcare, particularly Medicare/Medicaid compliance
- Background in freelance or startups. Recovering entrepreneurs should definitely apply!
- Fluency in more than one server-side language
- Active profiles on Stack Overflow and/or GitHub, personal blogs, and the like
- Open source code or example projects that you're proud of
- Any other evidence of your passion for building great software