VP of Engineering
Incredible opportunity to become the VP Engineering for Crunch.io!
We don’t just collect data, we connect data. YouGov is an international data and analytics group with the ambition to become a unique part of the global internet infrastructure - like Google for search, Facebook for social, Amazon for retail, we want it to be YouGov for opinion. Our value chain is a virtuous circle consisting of a highly engaged online panel, innovative data collection methods and powerful analytics technology. From the beginning we had one simple idea: the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be. We are a global online community for millions of people, and thousands of organisations, to engage in a continuous conversation about their beliefs, behaviours and brands, and provide a more accurate portrait of what the world thinks.
Crunch.io, part of YouGov PLC are looking for a VP Engineering that can drive innovation, quality and agility in our engineering. You will leverage latest cloud-computing and open-source technologies. You will manage distributed development teams to realize our technology vision. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial with a proven record building and managing successful software development.
Crunch have built a revolutionary platform that transforms our customers’ ability to derive insight from market research and survey data. Crunch offers a complete survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers, analysts, and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using a simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface to prepare, analyze, visualize and deliver survey data and analysis.
What will I be doing?
- Direct responsibility for managing approximately 20 developers, split across three teams.
- Work with senior leadership and product marketing to create a road-map for the product.
- Develop, lead and inspire a team of approximately 20 developers. Be a magnet for technical talent and accelerate the hiring of engineers.
- Allocate resources, set priorities, and manage schedules for the teams. Deliver high quality software on time and within budget.
- Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity. Play a leadership role within the company.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Experience managing teams using agile and test-driven development.
- Strong computer science foundation
- Expertise building big-data analytic solutions with appropriate use of relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Fluency in multiple programming languages, but especially Python.
- At least ten years’ experience in software development.
- B.S. in computer science or related degree. Advanced degree preferred.
Any additional info:
This position is a full time role, based 100% remotely.