Backend Engineer - 100% Remote Colombia, South America
Sonatype’s mission is to enable organizations to better manage their software supply chain. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager. We are a remote and talented product development group, and we work in small autonomous teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship and having an impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you. We are expanding our Data team, responsible for unlocking insight from vast amounts of software component data, powering our suite of products enabling our customers from making informed and automated decisions in managing their software supply chain. As a Backend Engineer, you will lead or contribute to designing, development, and monitoring of systems and solutions for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing large data sets. You will work in a team made up of Data Scientists and other Software Engineers. No one is going to tell you when to get up in the morning, or dole out a bunch of small tasks for you to do every single day. Members of Sonatype's Product organization have the internal drive and initiative to make the product vision a reality. Flow should be the predominate state of mind.
- Deep software engineering experience; we primarily use Java.
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Strong ability to select and integrate appropriate tools, frameworks, systems to build great solutions.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada, Colombia, or the United States of America and are currently residing in the corresponding country.
Nice To Haves:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (i.e., HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale data tools and techniques (i.e., MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Big Data services (i.e., EMR, ElasticSearch).
- Experience working in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication.