Senior GUI Architect (React/Haskell/JS)
Luna is looking for a senior react developer to take charge of the design, development, and evolution of a new responsive front-end for Luna, a project said by NASA and Singularity University to be 1 of 20 most impressive technologies worldwide. If you bring strong technical experience and a passion for user experience, this role could be the one for you.
As a senior GUI architect, you'll spearhead the design of the new user-interface for Luna 2.0, designing and building a front-end that can run across multiple browsers and in electron. Your work will become an integral part of Luna as you collaborate with a world-class team of skilled engineers, community managers, and business developers (from Bloomberg, PayPal, and GitHub, to name a few), and to make your mark on Luna's future.
What You'll Do
As a senior GUI architect, you'll be in charge of the creation of the new front-end for the Luna IDE: Luna Studio. This will involve:
- Spearhead the architecture and design for the new version of Luna Studio.
- Working closely with stakeholders and customers to design an interface that is both intuitive and fluid to work with.
- Implementing these solutions using modern front-end web-development technologies in a cross-platform manner to create an application that can run both in the browser and in electron.
- Managing and working around cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Contributing to the testing and integration of the user interface, from both functional and UI standpoints.
The Skills We're Looking For
We have a few particular skills that we're looking for in this role:
- Practical experience architecting user-facing applications, with a focus on enabling user workflows.
- A strong focus on both user experience and aesthetics.
- A strong understanding, based on practical experience, of modern front-end frameworks, with a focus on React.
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and experience working around such problems.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools such as Webpack and Gulp.
- Experience with testing tools, both for integration and for front-end (e.g. Selenium).
It would be a big bonus if you had:
- Experience with visual programming systems such as Houdini, Max/MSP, Lab VIEW, or Touch Designer.