Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Luna is looking for a senior cloud software engineer to take charge of the design, development, and evolution of the new SaaS offering for Luna, a project said by NASA and Singularity University to be 1 of 20 most impressive technologies worldwide. If you bring strong technical skills and have a passion for collaboration, this role could be for you.
As a senior cloud software engineer, you'll be leading the effort to design and develop our new SaaS offering, providing a web-based version of Luna to our clients. Your work will be integral to the next phase of Luna's development, as we expand our offering beyond the open-source project. You'll be able to work with a world-class team of skilled engineers, community managers, and business developers (from Bloomberg, GitHub and PayPal to name a few), and put your stamp on Luna's future.
What You'll Do
As a senior cloud software engineer you'll be in charge of building the SaaS offering for Luna, hosting both the language and its IDE in the cloud. This will involve:
- Working closely with the internal teams to design a secure and scalable SaaS architecture.
- Developing a SaaS solution based upon that design with robust tooling and reliability, as well as inbuilt support for collaboration.
- Hosting the architecture on a cloud provider without becoming too dependent on any one given platform.
- Contributing to the evolution of this vibrant open-source project by bringing a new component to its ecosystem.
The Skills We're Looking For
We have a few particular skills that we're looking for in this role:
- A strong focus on security and scalability.
- 3+ years of experience in designing secure, scalable, and collaboration-ready SaaS architectures.
- Practical experience in building, scaling, and maintaining such infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience with one or more of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or Digital Ocean.
It would be a big bonus if you also had:
- Experience working in close conjunction with multiple product teams.
- Experience building SaaS deployments that are designed to be independent of the underlying cloud provider.