Mobile Developer w/ Android experience
iTech Solutions, Inc.
Open to WAH, Portland, Bloomfield, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Denver & Nashville as
This role is for an Android Developer, an experienced individual contributor, working hand-in-hand with a veteran team of native mobile app developers who are creating exciting new features for Client customers in the myClient mobile app.
- Develop quality Android applications using native APIs in Java or Kotlin with Android Studio.
- Build service based connectivity.
- Optimize user experience.
- Develop new and innovative features.
- Troubleshoot, root cause and fix bugs.
- Enhance native application performance.
- In-depth Java or Kotlin programming background and debugging skills.
- 2+ years of Android application development experience
- Experience with mobile APIs and frameworks
- Experience developing user interfaces using the Android Studio designer with XML
- Knowledge of the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Expert in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with the Gradle build system
- Experience with JSON and REST APIs
- Experience building complex apps
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Self-starter; oriented towards over-delivering to expectations instead of delivering / meeting expectations
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast pace environment where business priorities can change quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for learning and creating new products and features
- Experience with Git or version control systems
- Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
- Knowledge of Material Design
- At least one app in the Google Play Store
- Working knowledge of at least one UI testing framework (Espresso, Robolectric, Appium, etc...)
- Facility with JUnit
- Working knowledge of how to use the Android SDK tools (uiautomatorviewer, hierarchyviewer, adb, etc...)
- Experience with RecylerView and ViewHolder design pattern
- Experience with Realm database
- Experience with RxJava, RxAndroid and/or RxKotlin
- Experience with Android Jetpack
- Experience building modular features that can be plugged into different apps