Overview of the role:
We’re looking to hire a Data Architect to help guide the data architecture of our 50-person engineering organization. You’ll work with a small team of architects who are embedded on scrum teams across the organization.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Develop the direction for data architecture within the organization
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to model data and deliver solutions
- Unlock the data from our multiple existing applications in an extensible data pipeline
- Help create and prioritize the technology backlog as it relates to data needs across the organization
- Work with the engineering and product leadership to evaluate data technology needs in accordance with product strategy and define a technology roadmap
- Mentor senior engineers
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 5 years of data-intensive full stack development or similar experience
- Experience with both relational and non-relational data stores such as Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience with data optimization and scaling data architectures in support of SaaS applications
- Bonus points for experience with cloud data, data pipelines, and API design
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.