Support Manager (EMEA based)
The Support Manager assists the Director of Support in building, developing and managing the Customer Support team.
The Support Manager - EMEA is responsible for the European region and their related team and is accountable for their region's performance metrics.
- Plan and report activity of the team
- Define roles in the teams and communicate to other teams
- Create and maintain processes on the team and communicate to other teams
- Hire and on-board new staff
- Team training and development
- Evaluate team’s performance
- Plan skill requirements in the team
- Report on team performance, set up action plans when necessary
- Set performance standards to meet the company’s support goals
- Oversee high-level customer issues to ensure effective long-term problem resolution
- Coordinate escalations to Customer Success and other internal teams
- Staff Pager Duty for product support
- Support team in high level incidents
- 4+ years combined of direct team management, managing technical or cross-functional team and web development using PHP, Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience using git for version control.
- Understanding of DNS as well as TLS and encryption.
- Exceptional communication skills to provide clear and empathetic customer support.
- Experience with Magento, Symfony, TYPO3, and/or Drupal.
- Understanding of CDNs or Varnish and web caching strategies.
- Familiarity with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Engine.
- Conversant in containerization technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of nginx, Galera, GlusterFS, and Puppet.